So this blog post is going to jump around a little bit. I didnt upload the pictures in order and its late and I'm tired so here we go....
Here is an inspiration pic for our shower tile. We love the 12x24 stone looking tiles laid horizontally
We liked the differences in this pic. The two stones in the shower changes things up a bit. After talking to the owners of Tile Unlimited in town we decided to do something like this but our tiles will be laid on the horizontal. The walls will all be the darker tile (that you will see below and the vertical horizontal tile will be offset in the corner for a modern look)This was just another inspiration photo when we were finding pics. I would love to do the horizontal set in shelf but you have to frame for that and we didnt. So we may have some inset shampoo shelves but not a whole wall of it like below.
This is a countertop color by Martha Stewart called Ravine. I want to order a sample so we can see it in a larger piece. This could be the island countertop. I'll be doing a post on countertops when we make some solid choices.
Mia had track & field day at school. She was so excited. The two events she competed in were 100 yard dash and long jump. She's the cutie bringing in 3rd. She was so excited that she got 3rd. She def has my non-competitive spirit (unless it comes to cards then my ugly side comes out). Funny side note: We watched her run in the 100 yard dash and after the race was over she ran to the McDonalds refreshment stand to get the orange drink (even though mommy packed filtered water). She ran faster to the McD's stand than she did during the dash!!! hahahah typical Mia fashion.
Here is the full shot. I love the sky in the background and the other kids walking to the McD's stand.
Here she is with her 3rd place ribbon for the 100 yard and 2nd place in the long jump. As a side note I won 1st place in the high jump in elementary. Just another benefit of long legs.
I did a post on the girls party at the Stonehouse. When the food came out all the girls pulled out their cell phones & cameras and started snapping pics. My sister captured this one of some of the girls taking pictures of the food. So funny. This is how our world works now. Order Food. Take Picture, Upload. Eat.





Let me try posting on this! Gah sometimes I swear it will not let me post comments (iPhone)
ReplyDeleteI know I sound like a broken record, but I can't wait to see your house! There's a kind of modern one being built a few miles from my parents and it has peaked my curiosity too. I want to find the home owners and say "are you sure you know what you're doing? Bc you may need to talk to Jenny, she knows what she's doing."
Hahaha thank you. I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. If it weren't for my dad and google we would still be framing
Delete