Over the weekend we rented scaffolding to paint the 16' & 13' ceilings upstairs. We are not doing crown molding so that means a perfect cut in on every edge. Its been so much work. I seriously have dreams I'm paining. Or nightmares. Here is a picture of me roughly 14' in the air on a double decker scaffolding. Justin is not so good with heights or cutting in so its up to me. The red wall you see is his office. Razorback Red (well more accurately Heartbreaker from Sherwin Williams). I'm in the mezzanine which is a light grey (Light French Grey from SW). The dark area you see is the stairs going downstairs and the door goes out to the rooftop garden.
Also Frog Tape the tape they sell to tape off walls SUCKS!!! I'm not a believer. It says it doesnt bleed. It even has a picture on the front of the product showing the fact that it wont bleed. It lies!! Its a $7 waste and I'm pissed about it.
In happier news the cedar siding has been painted!! We did a 50/50 color from two different Sherwin colors. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I cant wait till its all installed. I think it will look awesome in contrast to the dark grey stucco.
I paid a down payment on the master bedroom tile floor. They will install in a few weeks. Cabinetry has been ordered. Up next is finishing painting walls, painting trim, & doors. Then moving on to sealing floors, installing floors upstairs then we are about done besides fixtures. We've ordered most the lighting. The Light House in Branson had a 40% off sale. Such a blessing from God!! We got really cool lighting for cheaper than Home Depot prices! So that should be in in a few weeks. The chimney is taking a long time. So far we've only got the footing poured and laid. Who knew we would get snow in May?!? Hopefully with the return of the warm weather the fireplace guy will return.


No comments:
Post a Comment