The guys finished the tar paper on Saturday. I like the look it gives the house from a distance. It def makes the Centria stand out.
As mentioned in my last post I was looking for vanity ideas. Telissa of course pulled through. I've looked about probably 300 pictures and her picture is the first one I like. If she ever retires she needs to go into home design. I like how you can just shut the door and everything is neatly tucked inside.
Today I had to meet with the plumber & electrician The roofers were also there and dad. I was a woman in a mans world with my carhartt coveralls on. I was doing well consulting my notes discussing every plug in and water source. It was a 2 hour meeting that started late because the plumber want not on time. A few times it got awkward when the plumber paused and said poo poo pipe instead of s@*%t pipe because he thought he was being nice. Every guy laughed and talked in whispered tones. A few times they stumped me with measurements or questions I couldn't answer and I swear I could hear them beating on their chest like caveman for having "more brains than woman". I was nearing the end of the tedious decision process (seriously count every plug in and light fixture in your house inside and out and decide which location you want to turn each light on) and I realized ...........I'm late to pick up Mia. I panicked. I've been a few mins late before but this was bad.... And we still had another 30 mins to finish the details. While having the undivided attention of the crowd debating on if we should reschedule or not I turn to call the school and trip on a 2" pipe sticking out of the ground. It was slow motion. When my knees cracked the concrete my note pad, pen, cell phone & dignity took off scattering across the concrete. I got up as fast as my little T-Rex arms would and grabbed everything and walked outside to call the school. My voice was shaking when the secretary picked up. I was one breath away from bawling. I was sooo mortified. After I arranged a pick up with Lisa I had to take my shaking legs back inside. I just took a deep breath, picked my head up and walked back inside. To their credit everyone acted like I didn't just slide across the pavement on my chin. I am sure they cracked jokes but they were extra nice commenting on my organization and ideas. I still laugh out loud in embarrassment every time I think of it. But..... At least I wasn't drunk.
Also the plumber bent over in front of me to take a measurement. We would all expect plumbers crack right? How about a big hole in the butt of his jeans and no underwear.....yes I said no underwear. I quickly looked away and looked right at Justin. I swear I was burning holes through the side of his head and he never noticed. I'm not sure how ANYONE could miss that. I think I prefer plumbers crack.

No comments:
Post a Comment