My friend Telissa has a mudroom when you walk in the garage to store purses, coats, boots and so on. I wanted one but the layout didnt really allow for one. The hallway beyond the kitchen that connects the two downstairs bedrooms ended up being much wider than I anticipated. It works out perfectly for a halltree/locker area. I wish that it was as soon as you walk in the house but its only about 5 paces away from the garage door so it will still work. Here are some inspiration pictures
I like that this one has a bench and hooks for coats and purses but its not the final design.
I like that this one has wider spaces between the lockers so you have enough room to sit down between the spaces. But I dont want the lower drawers. I want it to be open to shove shoes in and tall enough for boots. I am a tall girl and I dont want to have to scoop so low to sit down that it feels like I'm on the floor. This one seems really low.
This is a neat idea to use an extra closet. Even though I've added 3 closets there is no way I'm giving one up. I just like the bench on this one. Again it doesnt have the open bottom for shoes. I kind of think I'd like each "stall" to have a door because when you walk in my front door this will be in the eye sight. I'm not sure that I want everyone looking at our coats and purses. Even though it looks cute in the pic below, our jackets and purses and scarves dont match perfectly like it does in this picture.
This picture doesnt show much unfortunately but it does show the doors kind of like I'm thinking of. The problem I need to draw out will be how to do the doors and still have a bench.
I've seen the image below on pintrest a few times in vinyl placed across pallet or barn wood nailed together. I really love the natural simpleness of it. Telissa has a Cricut and I wonder if we couldnt make something like this out of vinyl if justin could build the pallet
Something kind of like this
Also speaking of more Circut ideas. I love this quote from Deuteronomy. Justin and I read thorough this during our Bible study going verse by verse through the Bible. Also it is quoted in the books by Lynn Austin Chronicles of the Kings series. I'm on book 4 and would def recommend them. Its a fictional take on the life of the Kings during that time based on biblical and historical events. I love the part that says "Impress them on your children". That is my job as a mother and a woman of God.







No comments:
Post a Comment