Thursday, January 31, 2013

Its gettin hot in here

Ok it may not be getting hot in the house yet but we are getting closer because the HVAC guys worked all day today and about got the downstairs ducts run and most of the upstairs done! Its amazing how quickly its happened!

This picture is of the living room area you can see the duct work in the ceiling
This picture is of the mezzanine area the master bedroom is what you can see to the left of the picture past the studs and the stairway going downstairs. The boards over the stairway wont be there they are just temp for the workers to do the duct work 


I love the roof lines on this house. I guess its the roofer in me. This is the angle you will see when you pull in the driveway. The large opening you see on the right hand side is the fireplace it wont actually be an opening when its all said and done. 
 Dad took this picture today. This is on the back of the roof top. The large window cut out you see is the mezzanine. It was super sunny so Mia and I are pretty overexposed.

The guys are putting tar paper on the front of the house to dry in where we are doing the cedar siding. The plumber will come on monday and start roughing in and the electrician will also come on monday to start doing his part. A sheetrocker came today to give us a quote. We have to decide between bullnose corners or hard corners. Any opinions? We should be in the dry by the end of next week. 

Also I'm trying to get some inspiration for the vanity/make up counter area's in my bathroom and Mias. I want something modern but not so clean that its impossible to keep organized. If you run into any pictures please let me know. My friend Telissa (who just built her own amazing house) sent this picture. I love the idea of having somewhere to put hot curling irons and flat irons so you dont have to keep them out on the counter to cool down. 


I'm sure many of you have seen the drawer idea on pintrest where you have a plug in inside your drawer so you can keep items plugged in. I'm going to talk to the electrician about it but I'm wondering how it works because the drawer moves in and out. Wondering if thats actually possible. 

I've been telling everyone to sign up to get an email when I post a new blog post but I'm not sure its working. I've had one friend say it didnt work and I used the same company to follow my friend Aprils blog but noticed its not notifying me when she post new posts so I may have to try a new company. 



1 comment: