Monday, February 25, 2013

Modern Doors and siding colors

Ok so now its time to pick out a garage door. This has been the door of my dreams before I picked out my house. I was not sure if we could ever fit it into my budget. I'm still not sure. We are waiting on pricing from 2 other companies. If I can get it in acrylic instead of glass I may be able to pull it off. I'm really jumping the gun making a post about it before I know if I can do it. Anyways the brand we are looking at is Clopay and the style is Avante collection. I would like to do the frame in the same aluminum color as our Centria Wall Panel and the glass/acrylic frosted so you cant actually see into the garage. So *fingers crossed*
We finally found a stucco color that was dark enough for me. I wanted a dark charcoal. It does fade some overtime so I would rather go darker in the beginning. I wish you could see the colors better. Sorry it was a sunny day with my iphone. The color is Iron Ore #444543 from Sherwin Williams if you are stumbling here from a web search. If you missed my stucco inspiration you can view it here.

Here you can see our stucco sample with the cedar siding stain we chose in "Cedar Bark" from Sherwin Williams. I'm happy with the two colors together.

Here is a little boring roof detail only a roofer's daughter will appreciate. 
I'm starting to look for interior doors. I feel in love with the West End Collection by Masonite. I'm trying not to fall too much in love with them before I know if I can afford them but they are MDF doors that have a "green" core made of renewable materials like straw. 










No comments:

Post a Comment