Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Not house updates

So not a lot going on at the house. The roofers finished the roof and the metal trim. We are waiting on putting on the Tyvex (vapor barrier). The roofers are busy so it looks like Justin & I may be installing it on Saturday morning. I'll do anything to get the progress going again. 

So I'll do some personal updates. In celebration of Dr. Suess' Birthday Mia's school got to dress up as a Suess character. Of course she chose Cindy Lou Who again. If you stumbled on this blog and want a how too see below pictures. If not skip the "how to".

 

I took a foam cone about 5" long and pulled the hair around the crown of her head around the cone to cover it and secured with a pony tail. I wrapped the remaining hair in a bun. You could curl it and let it hang down or whatever you want depending on the length of the hair. I took the hair not from the crown/cone that was hanging down her back and made 2 braids. I braided them around metal wires to give a stiffness to the hoops. I secured them to the top of the braid with bobby pins to create the circle of hair. I took a plastic tea cup and hot glued it to an old head band and wrapped a few things in red ribbon. The dress is her Minnie Mouse Halloween dress covered in a black sweater. 


 Mia with her friends and her teacher Mr. Piper. I like the hanging down curls that the other friend did.

 Mia and her dad went to a Daddy Daughter Dance at New Life Church in Conway. So we did two extreme hairstyles in 1 day. Here she is with her dad and the rose he gave her. 
 Here they are before the dance. She loves doing her hair in a bow. Its so long now we only use the top half of her hair and its still too much. The rest we did in ringlet curls. 
Unfortunately all I picture now when I see the "hair"bows is Gabe from The Office on Halloween. 

 Most of you know my sister had a boy!!! He was early and he's a little guy but he's a fighter. Here he is with Mia. She's such a lover she talks about him constantly and loves to hold him and Shhsh him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment