{Remember to click on the picture to make it bigger}
The builder is continuing to frame the second story. (Thank God!) When I saw how talk the back corner in the mezzanine was my mouth literally dropped open. I had no idea how tall it was going to be. I had mia stand there so you can get perspective on how tall that wall actually is. Its hard for you my readers to match pictures to elevation plans. To give you a little perspective I'm standing at the very back of the house on the roof deck pointing my camera towards the back corner of the second story. You can see my little stick man. The orange circle on the Elevation plan is the same spot that the orange circle is on the picture. Either way it looks really cool. I really like the way its going.
Yesterday while on the jobsite a delivery came from a local hardware store. The delivery guy had a smirk on his face when he looked at the house. Then my builder went down to talk to him while I finished taking pictures. The delivery boy didnt hear me coming and I heard his snide jokes about my weird house (this is the edited version, he used some redneck choice words). I just smiled at him and drove off. I'm sure he is on the cutting edge of fashion, technology, and trends. I should follow him on pintrest. I'm sure its just one of many friendly opinions we will get. Once my sister was asked if she was building a Japanese style home. Rednecks will be Rednecks.
I had a little meltdown yesterday. We are 5 months in the project. I dont feel like we have gotten as much done as we could have. I knew it would be a slow project but it feels too slow. I also ran the numbers on how much we've spent so far and that made me really depressed.
We got 10 out of 18 windows conditioned, stained, and polyurithaned. We still have the big ones to do but we finally figured out the right way to do it and they turned out looking good. That was a rough start. I'll take pictures and post them!
The builder said framing on the second floor should be done in a day or so then they will start putting up plywood and then the roof will go on from there.

No comments:
Post a Comment