They have started installing the Centria Wall Panels on the Master Bedroom Closet. We are already getting plenty of comments of course. My dad says it looks like a Duck Blind because of the long window. My aunt calls it our composite closet (because the Centria are a composite wall panel). Do you know what I call it though? AWESOME! I'm totally in love with it. Also you can see they started cutting out the windows on the bottom floor. That helps balance the house too. Also you can see the dark grey metal on the overhang roof edge. We havent quite gotten that worked out yet. I love the color but I'm not as in love with the multiple breaks in the metal so we are trying to work up a solution. If we cant than I will be happy with it.
Here is the stucco color from Sherwin Williams. We will be using stucco on all the soffits, parapet walls, around the front door, and around 2 sides of the house. We will be doing a smooth texture stucco. Dad is going to make a mock up soon so I'll take pictures and load them soon.
Still no luck on finding modern hardware for the doors. We ordered all the exterior doors and they are here but not installed yet. The plan today is to get the house roofed. Then we will start making it water tight and then the HVAC will come in and start running his vents.
Here is a side view of the house so you can see how large the overhangs will be on the front of the house. The balcony jutting off the front will be our Master Bedroom balcony. The additional centria panels you see on this side of the house are covering the strong room & a second story storage closet. From there to the back will be stucco. The area above the garage will be the same wood siding you can see in this post
Justin and I toured Mother's Brewing Company in Springfield, MO. It was such a blast. They take pride in their beer and have a very local approach. They are in an old Butternut Bread factory. If you are ever in the area I recommend stopping by the tasting room and taking a tour. As a bonus you get to sample 4 of their beers after the tour.
My sister has our copy of our Jr. High yearbook. Yes my parents made us share everything including yearbooks until we could pay for our own. So I hadnt seen it in many years. Since I went to school with my husband he had a copy too, out at our lakehouse. So saturday morning I flipped through it and laughed so many times. Its the awkward versions of everyone I've grown up with. Oh Jr. High you are so painful. Who knew back then that the smooth faced, buzzed hair boy would become my hair scruffy amazing husband? He is my joy.
Remember you can sign up to receive my blog via email here.



seriously, bad A.
ReplyDeletecan i please come visit?!