I got a desktop devotional from a friend for my birthday. I flipped it open to find the current date and this is the first page I flipped to. I know it wasn't by mistake. My due date is 11 days away and I'm starting to get anxious. I have so many reasons for wanting this baby to come early. I'm ready to sleep on my back. Mia starts school in a week. I want to be able to get her ready for the first day of 3rd grade and not be a zombie her first week. It's hot. I'm ready to see what he looks like. I'm ready for this phase of our life to begin. And the one that weighs the heaviest on me at 3am, if I go past my due date they won't let me try to VBAC. The devotional reminds me that none of that matters. Acts says wait for the promises of the Father. He promises that He knows what is best for me, I need to rest in that. I tell Mia "a heart full of gratitude leaves no room for complaint". I should have a heart full of gratitude, because I have been able to make it full term this pregnancy and have no complications this time. I should have no room for complaint. It's about wanting to control the situation. I love the last line of the devotional "prayer, commitment, and thanksgiving open the door to peace as you wait for His answer".
My 38 week appointment went well. He said I'm closed up tight and he would see me this Thursday. So we will patiently wait and see!

No comments:
Post a Comment