Health care is such a hot topic right now. I'm not doing a blog post on my thoughts on Obamacare. I'm sure no one would care. I'm doing a blog post on how stressful your pregnancy can be if you dont have company provided insurance and you arent eligible for medicaid.
Mia cost $12,000.00 to deliver because she was an emergency c-section baby. Our miscarriage cost $8000 which included the ICU visit with blood transfusion. At the time I had self-pay, expensive but crappy insurance. You have to pay for a maternity rider (an extra $200-$800 a month) for 12 months before becoming pregnant then continue to pay during maternity to have any charges covered. Which isnt fun if you are TTC and have no idea how long it will take. Pretty much its the insurance companies way of making sure you dont sign up for coverage.
My parents told us to consider Christian Healthcare Ministries after the miscarriage. Its a medical bill share ministry. You give a monthly gift and they share your needs with the other members. Its kind of like a savings account that members can tap into. I know this is sounding like a paid advertisement at this point. I'm just so excited to share that......................
THEY PAID FOR MY ENTIRE HOSPITAL DELIVERY BILL IN FULL!!! :)
I couldnt believe it when I checked the mail and saw the letter. I cried. My mail is usually massive hospital bills and monthly payments that slowly whittle down the cost. We still have some bills to cover for the Prenatal visits and labwork. We are hoping to get those covered through CHM also. God is so good to provide through fellow believers. We just feel so blessed today. Its so nice not to have the stress of medical bills and large pre-payments during pregnancy like we have in the past.
Other than that the pregnancy is going well. I'm 23 weeks now and feeling good still! I can feel her move but no one else has been able to so far. She's sneaky.
We are working outside around the house a lot. We've removed some of the grown up area around our driveway. Justin is making a large raised bed garden for our rooftop area. I'll take pictures soon. I bought some lemon grass plants for the rooftop. This is what I hope they look like by mid summer. They are just baby starts right now.
If you dont know lemongrass keeps the mosquitoes away so double win!
We hiked Glory Hole 2 weekends ago. It was beautiful! We are so blessed to live in an area that has such awesome hiking trails.

Oh what wonderful news! God is GOOD!
ReplyDeleteI love the lemongrass, you so smart! <3