Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Project Delay.... Your kidding me?!?!

Soooooo...... Good News/Bad News.....

Bad news first....We havent started the house. Apparently my grandparents signed the title wrong when they deeded it over to my dad umpteen years ago and unfortunately they are no longer with us to make a quick correction. My uncle who is the executor of the Family Trust is in San Antonio for a Radio Shack convention....I cannot make this stuff up.... So we are told we will start tomorrow (Wens). We will see. I have heard this line since what? Late August?

Good news!.... We signed all the paperwork at the bank on friday! Even if the title isnt legit our credit is! So at least we have the borrowed money to build!! :)

Sooo since I cant "blog about building our house" since we arent building our house I'll talk about what else is going on in my "not actually cool enough to blog about" life.

On Saturday my parents had a rooftop party (that got moved to the driveway in fear that the weight load on the rooftop garden would cause a party foul). They had live music by Still on the Hill and gourmet cheese like 1000 kinds. I think I tried 999 of them. I could live on cheese. And luckily it does not bother my digestion. *High Five* Probiotics. Also my dads wine. Which by the way is becoming awesome. Way to go dad! Anyways Mom & I had a ball creating a fall/natural cheese table

**Boring gluten free section**

And sorry for the lame plastic wrap, the flies were attacking like suicide bombers. And they would not go away till the sun went down which equals not good lighting for pictures. PS why do pictures never do my table settings justice. I swear it was 10x cooler



And in the closing news story of the evening. You know it is a BAD year for hay when people are haying the prairie. Whhhatt??? you say? Cutting the Prairie?? Dad approved it. He said it was like the native buffalo eating the grass. Long story short my Papa Earl is "cuttin' a jig" (as he would say) in Heaven that his "best hay field" (his words) was finally used for what he thought it should be used for this week. Plus it was for his own grandson's cattle. Double Bonus in his mind. Papa Earl (God rest your soul) I know you only thought of cattle but seriously your Granddaughter could have never been married in a hay field. It was the beautiful tall grass of the prairie that swayed in the breeze when I got married and it will be that same tall grass that I will look out at some day when this house gets build. See full circle. End of Blog Post.  

1 comment:

  1. They always decorate so cute for parties!
    Tru & I are very envious of your cheese tasting... ;)
    I'm glad you all are utilizing the prairie! Animals need all the hay they can get this year!
    That's my only farmer April thing ill say I swear

    ReplyDelete