I bought some cheap shelving at ikea to organize the laundry room. I'm so glad to have a space to organize my off season decor and crafting supply. The chandelier hanger also came from ikea. I plan on using it for hanging cloth diapers to dry.
We got several gifts at our wedding with our names and wedding date. I love them but struggle with how to decorate with them without feeling narcissistic. I think it looks good in here
Now here is the reality of what it looks like if you stop by on a normal day. I had a vision of trendy wallpaper and matching totes. That may happen someday but this works for now.
I bought another playard. I've had trouble finding one that meets all my needs. This is the one I got.
I love that it has a changing station that clips on 4 sides for stability. Some only attach on 2 and the baby rolls towards one side. The newborn napper is nice and stable. The colors are neutral. I love that I can remove and wash the entire thing. I plan on moving the nightstand so I can put the baby in the napper from bed in the middle of the night without getting up. I will have to find a place for my cell phone and drink though.
Because of SIDS regulations they can't make the nappers very snuggly. It does have vented sides by the face which I like. I decided to add the Eddie Bauer reversible body cuddler to make it more snug. I know the SIDS rules and followed them closely with Mia. I also know a baby coming from a womb won't sleep well without feeling hugged. Here is the cuddler in my napper
We finished painting, sand distressing and pollyurethaning the dresser for the nursery. See my last post for paint color details. I used a 220 sandpaper with a power sander and roughed up all the edges. Then we used minwax spray pollyurethanin. I love that stuff. It was so much easier than the paint on version we used on the windows when we were house building. My mother in law bought us the drawer pulls from hobby lobby. I LOVE the birds.
Here are the pulls for the doors. She got these from hobby lobby too. They look cute up close but from a normal distance you can't see that it's an owl and it just looks strange. Maybe painting them and distressing them will show the details. I don't know. We are still working on this.












No comments:
Post a Comment