Why start the blog with a Buffalo? Well this is a tattoo Justins friend designed for him Yes that is a canoer. I am attempting to upload all my pictures and somehow this one snuck in and when I clicked it to delete it, it uploaded to my blog so I figured heck why not have a strong opening with a big buffalo (river) buffalo.
Moving on to the meat of the blog. The house. What this blog is supposed to be about.
Here is the most recent picture taken this morning. Not a ton of progress on the house. We have our stairs built that go to nowhere. You can see them if you look through the opening in the garage. Also you can see the concrete has been pored for our strong room. They should finish the cap tomorrow. Also to the far left you can see the trusses were delivered. So its time to move up to the second floor! It feels a little slow because we only worked 2 days last week (because of thanksgiving) and it rained today and who knows maybe the builder still had a thanksgiving hangover because he didnt show today.
We went to IKEA while we were in TX for Thanksgiving. More on TX later. This is the cabinetry we like from IKEA. (In the next two pictures). I like the horizontal handles. I feel like these pictures dont do it justice. They also had a cool vent hood. Not sure on the counter tops they sell though
Also we may include a few of these grey cabinets along with the frosted glass ones. Who knows it may look silly once we get it designed. Ikea has an online design tool that we will use and I'll upload pictures of that when we get to that point.
This is about all Ikea had to offer in the sink department. They had a few porcelain sinks but nothing that fit my desire for a sink. What can one do in that little sink on the left? Wash baby forks? I make a big mess when I cook. I need a big sink.
My little November Blessing turned 7 this month. I wont go through all the tears and quiches about blinking your eye and they grow up. I'll just say as annoying as all those sayings are at your baby shower. They all turn out to be true. We celebrated Mia's birthday on her actually birthday with the family and a big over sized cookie. It was perfect. (and the way the bday parties should be). Moving on this is the first year Billy & I didnt have a combined party for Mia. So here are two pictures from his party. If one of you say you are proud of Billy or that he did a great job I'll cut you. This is my blog. I dont want to hear praise for my ex-husband on it. Its my blog and I'll cry if I want to. You are free to comment on how grown up Mia looks and how long her hair has gotten if you need to. :)
We celebrated Thanksgiving down in TX at my brother Nathans & his wife Cait's. It was possibly the best Thanksgiving ever. We ate at my favorite restaurant Zantata's, we shopped, we drank, we played Xbox Kinect, Cait made a fork for the kids. Nathan irritated the dog with his remote control helicopter, Dad made awkward jokes, just the typical Harness Family picture. You will notice my Justin is missing from the family picture. He was with his family on Thanksgiving Day so he missed the photo opp.
Mia has been in love with American Girl since she was about 4. She can spend hours browsing through the magazine circling every page for her "Wish list". So for her birthday had her birthday party at the American Girl store in Dallas. Ava & Mia dressed up in matching outfits. They looked like little dolls themselves. Mia picked out high heels to wear. (Insert tears and kids growing up cliches). She had such a good time. They had little conversation starters on the table so we asked questions like "Who is your favorite famous singer" Mia yelled TAYLOR SWIFT and so on. Then we had food (which actually wasnt bad) and they brought her a birthday cake. Perks of being an only child.
After a day of dolls and shopping it was mommy time that night. I've been a fan of Blue October since I was an angry divorcee (2008). I remember commuting home alone blaring their lyrics feeling like someone understood the anger of being rejected. Also his lyrics to Hate Me helped me understand in some ways the way my brother Andrew felt. So to say Blue October music has impacted me is an understatement. The venue was House of Blues and it was equally cool. Justin & I snuck into the balcony so we could have seats. We are too young to rage on the floor.
This picture is from Blue Octobers facebook. I love it! You can see us from the bands perspective.
I never watched Dallas. We didnt have cable growing up and my parents were pretty selective on what we watched. Like no Simpsons. Justin did watch Dallas though with granny. The day we were down there Larry Hagman passed away so Justin wanted to stop by the Southfork Ranch to pay his respects. I love the pic on the right.
You cant go to TX without hearing some Red Dirt music and drinking a Shiner Bock. So we went to see Randy Rogers with Cait who is also a fan. Please enjoy Justins ridiculously long hair.
My fingers are tired.















Hey look it I'm on your blog commenting. Does this make MEEE a blogger?
ReplyDeleteOk, so what do I say?....should I say how good I look in my spanx right now;)
I love your kitchen wants & ideas! It's gonna be pretty sweet! The pic of your parents & "you'll" (haha) toasting was cute! Your moms so sweet & thoughtful! I know I already said, in text, but Mia looked sooo beautiful at her party!
I should probably end my 1st blog comment with a bang right? One chicken asked the other chicken," you read my blog yet?" The other chicken responds, "why? I don't even find you interesting in person"
HAHA I love your chicken joke. I will take that and pretend it is my own.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Please show us the tat when it's all done!
ReplyDeleteMia is gorgeous, great job mom <3
That blue October concert looked great!