Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New updates around the house

So I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow. I cant believe I've made it this far! :) Praise God. I had a deeply buried fear we would never get to this point after the road we walked down to get here. Now I'm feeling really good. I dont get sick anymore, I'm sleeping pretty good, I feel happy/cheerful. I am a still tired but its nothing a nap cant fix. We had an appt last week and my blood pressure/weight/overall health was great. The babies heartbeat was 146. The baby was hanging out higher than I expected. We have an u/s on the 11th of April. At this point we are still wanting to wait to find out what we are having but we will decide 100% before the appt. So other than the pregnancy we've been doing some things around the house......


First off we added some stairs up to our rooftop. If it would ever quit snowing we cant wait to have parties/nighttime fires out there! Eventually they will be stained to match the cedar siding.
 Some updates to the living room. We got a new huge rug. I love it but it totally lacks color. I think it will end up upstairs in our bedroom and be replaced when I find something I like better. After this pic was taken we added curtains to the window.
 Some ikea shelves. I obviously need filler items and plan to go to thrift/antique/junk/estate sales to find mid-century modern stuff. I'll post some inspiration pics later
 Home Depot has these awesome succulent baskets right now. If you know me  you know I love succulents. I think I'm going to buy a few more today.
 Blah these pictures look like bore-city. Sorry..................
 Here is the mudroom storage shelf in progress.

 Here is a more complete picture from last night. I'm buying hooks today. And we ordered the baskets today for the middle shelf.

Here is what we ordered. We got them from walmart (here). I was wanting a galvanized bin but couldnt find one to fit our needs. 

I still havent decided on what bins I want for the bottom. I imagine the top shelf will be more for decor as its pretty far out of reach. Then also I plan on making a cushioned bench seat in a pop color. 

SELFIE ALERT!!!!! I have been awful about taking pictures during this pregnancy. I keep thinking I will "when I get bigger" I guess I need to accept the fact that I'm there. Anyways here is 17 week day 7 and I apologize for the fact its in the work bathroom. I did not want a coworker walking in my office mid-selfie. And justin made a joke about the "bulge in my pants" in this picture. Its the bottom of my black shirt kicking out. I am a female. 


No comments:

Post a Comment