Thursday, November 7, 2013

The blessings still pour in


Yesterday was the 9 year anniversary of Andrews death. For 9 years the blessings of his life have been pouring in. I just spoke with his Lung recipient who did a Lung walk to provide financial assistance for those going through the recipient process. What a blessing to know his lungs are breathing for others! Its so beautiful to stand on the other side of tragedy and watch the hand of God and all that He had planned for us. I hope that in future heartache I can look back and remember God never forgets me or forsakes me, He always has a plan for me.

 Here is a facebook post from his Lung recipient. (Names have been removed for privacy) 

Nine years ago today my hero saved my life through organ donation. I am incredibly blessed with family and friends that have and still are my support team. And countless doctors and nurses who put up with me. Thank you Lord for all of my blessings!
Like ·  ·  · 7 hours ago via mobile · 
  • 56 people like this.

  •  I'm so glad you received those lungs. I have always thought of the families that gave the donation, and what it took to sign off on such a gift during such a terrible time. I hope my family is brave enough to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment