Friday, August 16, 2013

Outdoor Fireplace + Tile Shower + Pop up Vanity + Long Overdue Post

I know this post is long overdue (per request of my 4 friends). I am just a tad burnt out. Everyone ask "Is the house done"? or "have you moved in yet"? At least they've moved on from "are you pregnant yet?" The answer to all is NOOO. Unfortunately. Buuuut here is an update on the progress thus far. 

My mom bought Mia's bedding. This picture doesnt convey. If you would like to see JC Pennys version click here . So cute. Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler. Cant wait to use actual pillows and bed skirt and bunk beds with corresponding colors to finish the look. 
 The inspiration to build this house was after a visit to my BF's house Mr & Mrs Evans. I realized then I wanted to build and make everything the way I pictured my dream home. She has given me sooo much inspiration along the way. Any time I mentioned a vision she text me multiple google pictures. The picture below is inspired from an inspiration pic she sent. Its a lift top vanity. You store all of your make up in the drawer and when you are done you shut the lid to conceal all your junk. (along with a pull out drawer not pictured). The only current issue with the lift top design is its heavy as a fat kid who has had too much cake. I'm working with the cabinet guy to install some soft close hinges. Ideas welcome. This is Mia's vanity. Every girls dream. 
 The Master Double Shower is underway. It was hard to take pictures because the light isnt installed and the setting sun light was coming in through the window. The shower head straight ahead is mine and the one to the right is Justins. The cut out is for shampoo + conditioner. 
 Another view. We are picking our grout colors. My mom is says dont go light color grout, it shows mold. The shower is already dark and I want to show the contrast of the vertical tile (see light tile far left). Do I want mold to "hide" in my shower? I feel like no......maybe I will be singing a different song when I'm tired of cleaning the shower that is bigger than my closet. 
 This is the grout color I want. Justin wants something grey. He said "whatever you want". As a woman I know that means nothing. He doesnt mean whatever I want, because he was pleading his case for 2 mins afterwards. 
 Outdoor Fireplace. Rooftop. Cold stary nights. Razorback Games. Blanket Snuggles. I'm setting the scene for this awesomeness. My parents bought our outdoor fireplace for us and dad (+ roofers) are installing it currently. Its so perfect. I cant wait to use it. Too bad it wasnt already in place for these 50 degree nights we are having in August?!!?!?!? Again my genius friends the Evans suggested a wood storage cut out to the left of the fireplace to balance it. The rooftop fireplace is offset to the right because the chase or vent from the fireplace in the living room downstairs comes up the left side. So it leaves this awkward space to the left of the upstairs fireplaces. So we able to squeeze a wood storage to the outside of the chase to balance the massive chimney upstairs. Its perfect! Now if we just had a wood-boy to bring all the wood upstairs. 
 View of the view + fireplace. I meant to take a picture from the ground level. It really balances the left side of the house when you are on the ground facing the house. Its just another "square pod" coming off the house. Its perfect! #NoFilter just AR clouds + Prairie 

Sooo as far as progress for the rest of the house. We ran out of indoor base trim. Slight/Large miscalculation. So we reordered. I took a sample into our local lumbar company. They ordered it. It came in a week later. WRONG. So they reordered. It came in today. It has to be painted and installed. So thats whats holding up the entire move in process. Our spare bedroom is full of everything I owned from my life in Jacksonville that I didnt sale on CraigsList and everything we got as wedding gifts. We still havent moved our clothes or the kitchen items we still use in the house we live in. Once the trim is done we will move all other things over. Also once the grout is done in the Master bathroom the glass company will come and measure and order the glass to enclose the shower. On the outside stucco hasnt started yet. It rained for 22 days in Harrison. I'm pretty sure we beat all the records. Its been the coldest, wettest July/August yet. Which put a huge hold on stucco. Now that the fireplace is done all the concrete board is done. The roofers (who want to work weekends) are starting to tape + mud the concrete board and stucco should start after that. Which will be good because we cant close our builders loan until the stucco is done. And we are paying $23 a day in interest (that doesnt apply to our loan) to keep our builders loan open. So as you can tell I'm ready to finish stucco and close our mortgage and start paying towards principle and interest. 

In other family news Justin had a umbilical hernia surgery on Monday but is healing well. We met Mia's 2nd grade teacher last night and she seems really cool. She is in class with her BFF Avery who she's been in class with for K & 1st grade and their seats are across from each other so she is excited. Nothing new to report on myself except obsessing over the house, medical/house finances and missing my summer Zumba class which ended. God is Good. He is so good. We have our health, each other, and our Eternal Life, so all is well in the Dillon home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment