Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dark Stucco + Rain screen Cedar Siding + Watermelons with Papa + Vinyard

Here is the stucco on our eaves. It looks awesome. It makes it appear that the whole eave is metal. It looks really sharp. The balcony still needs some finishing. The cable railing shipped yesterday so it should be in after Labor day. All the stucco is done except the front door and the rooftop garden area. 
 I realized most people dont see the back of the house in my blog post. Turns out its near impossible with all the pine trees to show you the back of our house. 

 My parents have acquired a Vinyard. Its called Huzzah Ridge Winery (pronounced Who-Zah). The word Huzzah was an old exclamation word like 'Hooray!" . The winery is located on Huzzah Ridge. We got up early on Monday to pick the white grapes. My sister in law who's due in a little over a month picked right along side me. Shes a hard worker. We harvested enough grapes for 100 gallons of wine. Me & Cait quit around 11:30. My parents stayed and worked till 5:30. I have no idea how they work so hard. I'll never be half the worker either of them are. They've spoiled me. We have TONS of red grapes to pick. Are you interested in volunteering? It comes with free wine :) Here is a picture of the beautiful purple grapes we will pick next. 
 Here is my hero hanging out in the garden with his two favorite things Watermelon & Grandkids. 

My cousin recommended a guy to make the cap for the half wall upstairs around our stairway. He did a great job! I will take pictures tonight. I have to paint it now. No fun. I thought my painting days were over but oh well. I hope to hire him to make my mudroom/lockers when I can afford them. All the trim is painted but the guy hasnt had time to install yet. So as soon as that is done we can finish moving. I feel like I've said that last line way too many times. Now when people ask when we are moving in I laugh and say never. 

The Couples baby shower went really well! Pictures are on my sisters camera so I will get those from her and do a blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment