Monday, July 8, 2013

Cheap Modern Stairs

We got the girls matching outfits for the 4th of July. Ridiculous cute! 

 My iphone challenged mother took this picture so it turned out blurry. :*( but I dont get many of Mia & I 
 We went to the Promised Land Zoo in Branson and I would recommend it for your kids. They got to feed a goat, pet several animals and feed birds. The staff there is SUPER friendly and helpful. They love their jobs. This picture cracks me up. I told the girls to stand by the camel so I could take their pick. He let out a loud MOOOOOo right before I snapped the shot. They are totally spooked. 
 Feeding the baby goat. 
 On to house things. This is the faucet I bought for the bathrooms sinks. That kind of looks like our vessel sinks. 
 I had a lot of trouble figuring out what to do for our stairs. I didnt like anything I saw. Home Depot quoted us $3000.00 to do them in all wood. It wasnt what I wanted though. Dad saw this composite deck board at a local hardware store. It looks like grey distressed wood. Then we bought regular MDF risers and waterproofed them with this. You could spraypaint your risers any color. I thought the wood kept it warm and it matches the kitchen cabinets. He just cut each stair tread and glued & nailed. The whole project took us about 4 hours and cost $500!!! Perfect!  




No comments:

Post a Comment